Aunt Carol's Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
**Aunt Carol's Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Garlic Herb Sauce**
For the Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or cooked rice)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup Aunt Carol's Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
**1. Prepare the Portobello Mushrooms:**
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush the outside of the Portobello mushrooms with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
**2. Prepare the Filling:**
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the diced onion, diced red bell pepper, and minced garlic in olive oil until softened.
**3. Mix the Filling:**
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa (or rice), sautéed vegetables, diced zucchini, diced tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped fresh basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
**4. Stuff the Portobello Mushrooms:**
- Generously stuff each Portobello mushroom with the quinoa and vegetable mixture, pressing it down gently.
**5. Prepare the Sauce:**
- In a small bowl, mix Aunt Carol's Sauce with dried oregano.
**6. Bake the Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:**
- Drizzle the Garlic Herb Sauce evenly over the stuffed mushrooms.
- Cover the baking sheet or dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the Portobello mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted.
**7. Serve and Enjoy:**
- Remove from the oven, garnish with extra fresh basil if desired, and serve hot.
Sauce With A Legacy
Started with a promise...